As from 1st of January 2013, there are changes which have been officially announced and implemented in the Bulgarian labour and insurance legislation. Driven by our constant desire to always keep you updated with all the statutory changes in Bulgaria that concern you and can directly influence your operations, we have prepared a brief summary of all the amendments and supplements in the payroll area.
We really hope you will find the provided information useful and of course in case of questions we will be happy to be of assistance.
• All citizens and companies with expired public liabilities should pay them off until 1st of January 2014;
• There are changes in the Social Security Code, concerning the deadlines for making the social insurance payments, which are now strictly defined dates as follows:
– For employment relations /for employees who work under the power of an employment contract/ – until the 25th day of the month following the one for which they are due.
– For self-insured persons – until the 25th day of the month following the one for which they are due (until now the deadline was the 10th day, so the period has been extended).
– For non-employment relations (for employees who work under the power of a civil contract) – until the 25th day of the month following the one in which the remuneration has been paid.
• The deadlines for submission of health insurance payments is now as follows:
– for persons in unpaid leave, who are not a subject of insurance on other grounds – until the 25th day of the month, following the one, for which it is due;
– for the advance monthly insurance payments by the self-insured persons on the grounds of the Social Insurance Code – until the 25th day of the month, following the one which they are concerning;
– for persons on an non-employment relation – until the 25th day of the month, following the month in which the remuneration was paid;
– for persons in a temporary disability due to a disease, pregnancy and childbirth and raising a child – until the 25th day of the month, following the one for which they are due
– for persons who are not a subject of insurance under art. 40, para 1, 2 and 3 from the Health Insurance Law – until the 25th day of the month, following the one for which they are due.
• Declaration 1 and 6 will be submitted until the 25th day of the month, following the month for which it was worked;
• Interest on delayed insurances payments is decreased with 10%. Until now, the extra payment over the base interest rate was 20%. As from 1st of January 2013, those who are late with their insurance payments will pay interest at the amount of the base interest rate announced by the Bulgarian National Bank for the particular period plus 10% on top of it;
• Declaration 6 will be submitted with new codes;
• The obligation for submission of Declaration in the banks when making insurance payments transfers is removed.